Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another Year Passes By


Family and friends still miss Sid, but we celebrate his enduring family on this second anniversary of his death.

From Gia:

I can feel grandpa in the air, no words can describe what an amazing character he was. He had such an impact on every single person he met. We will all be with him so soon, so the only thing we can do here is be the best we can be and spread the teachings of Baha'u'llah the way our grandfater did. I love you grandpa Sid and I dedicate my work here on earth to you. Love Giachary. Allah-u-Abha!!! Hapy Fasting everyone! I'm actually really excited for this fast right now. I can't wait to start the year fresh and get in touch with my Baha'i food within my everyday. Love you!!!
He loved his kids, Kelly, Leslie and Gary. But he was especially fond of his grandchildren, Aria, Sonny, Giachary, Summer, Ruby, Carmel, Kelsey, Chase and Sutherland.



He is smiling from the Kingdom of Abha at his first great grandson, Leroy (Carmel and Michael's child).

Sid died on the eve of the fast.

"The Aqdas states: 'We have commanded you to pray and fast from the beginning of maturity [15 years]; this is ordained by God, your Lord and the Lord of your forefathers ... The traveler, the ailing, those who are with child or giving such, are not bound by the fast ... Abstain from food and drink from sunrise to sundown and beware lest desire deprive you of this grace that is appointed in the Book'"
The period of the fast is March 2 through March 20.

Praise be to Thee, O Lord my God! I beseech Thee by this Revelation whereby darkness hath been turned into light, through which the Frequented Fane hath been built, and the Written Tablet revealed, and the Outspread Roll uncovered, to send down upon me and upon them who are in my company that which will enable us to soar into the heavens of Thy transcendent glory, and will wash us from the stain of such doubts as have hindered the suspicious from entering into the tabernacle of Thy unity.

I am the one, O my Lord, who hath held fast the cord of Thy loving-kindness, and clung to the hem of Thy mercy and favors. Do Thou ordain for me and for my loved ones the good of this world and of the world to come. Supply them, then, with the Hidden Gift Thou didst ordain for the choicest among Thy creatures.

These are, O my Lord, the days in which Thou has bidden Thy servants to observe the fast. Blessed is he that observeth the fast wholly for Thy sake and with absolute detachment from all things except Thee. Assist me and assist them, O my Lord, to obey Thee and to keep Thy precepts. Thou, verily, hast power to do what Thou choosest.

There is no God but Thee, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise. All praise be to God, the Lord of all worlds.
Baha'u'llah

In loving memory of Sid, Allah-u-Abha.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Melodi, this is so beautiful! Thank you so much!
I think about Grandpa Sid every day and he gives me so much strength.
These pictures are so beautiful!
I'm still trying to get some Grandpa Sid footage on You Tube, and when I do, we'll post it here.

I love you Grandpa Sid, and I'll see you very soon.

Love, Summer

Pat Longo said...

I miss Sidney,,,very much...he was an
inspiration for our band...An
outstanding taste in music...
There is a picture in our kitchen,
of Sid & I...I see it every day..It
lifts my spirits...so many fond
memories we had together...He
& Vic Damone produced our last recording "Extreme Heat".. A Hit!!
Sidney, you are always in our
thoughts at our rehearsals..when we
play a Bob Florence chart...it's
always in your name...
God Bless!! All the musicians in the band send their love..
Pat Longo